Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Burts Pumpkin Farm


Sunday, we visited Burts Pumpkin farm. My sister Connie and Josh's stepbrother BJ and his family went with us. We took a hayride through the North Georgia mountains, in the crisp cool autumn air. The trail leads through tranquil mountain stream into popcorn and pumpkin fields. After stopping at the pumpkin house to hear Burt’s talking pumpkins, Autumn and Gourdy, the hayride then proceeds on a two mile trip down a winding mountain road. The hayride ends looking down from a panoramic hilltop view of Burt’s farm and breath taking Amicalola Falls.





We seen thousands of Pumpkins from 1 pound to 150. The farm was filled Indian corn, cornstalks, hay bales, winter squash, gourds and fall decorations. Blake wanted to walk around and explore the pumpkin patches, he in no way wanted to be held. We had a nice time. I love Autumn. The nice breeze blowing your hair and the beautiful colors around you. I love the burnt oranges, reds, and browns.











Its sad to say, but I think this is our first family photo since we left the hospital with Blake. He is now 18 months old too.





BJ and his family.

11 comments:

Lydia Siegel said...

I love that picture of Blake where he is holding his sippy cup with a BIG GRIN!

Anonymous said...

your pictures remind me of why i love fall so much! glad all of you guys had a fantastic time!

-sarah

bethchien said...

Those pumpkins with the faces are so funny and cute!!! And those other pumpkins are the biggest I have ever seen!! lol WOW!

Hope you have a good day today!
:P
B

Anonymous said...

Awesome photos and looks like you all had a blast! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Tricia said...

Too cute! I guess I need to take my little one to the pumpkin patch!

Melonie said...

Looks like everyone had a super time. Great pics.

Babydoll said...

Looks like fun!

Unknown said...

aww i love all your photos!! I cant wait to see how you scrap them! :D

Sherry Wright said...

Looks like fun, great photos.. what a cutie!

Lydia Siegel said...

Cathy, the only thing that is keeping us here is Joey's job. Trust me if there was something better back in Texas we would move. I would so much like it back home. I know I can get a job easily and I will have so many family members who would so babysit for us for free. That would be a big help. Plus, Im a HUGE DADDY'S GIRL. I want to be closer to my dad.

Anonymous said...

i went to the scrapbook clearance center and archiver's near kennesaw. have you been there?

-sarah