Monday, October 27, 2008

5 year plan

Just a quick post to let you know I'm still here. Nothing new or exciting to tell so I wont bore you with nothing, but I have managed to find a couple minutes of alone time to scrap. (yay for me) I cant decide how to scrap our pumpkin patch trip, so I've been working with older pics instead. I think I'm now caught up to Blake's 16th month of life, with the 9th month milestone page exception.






Our house hunt is not getting any better. With the economy as it is, and Josh going back to school full time, we have decided to hold off on buying. The houses in our price range is not in the location we want to be. I need to be able to go out to check to mail at midnight and feel safe doing so and sadly our price range doesn't allow that. We have a 5 year plan in place now so that allows Josh time to concentrate on school. Its not idea, but its the best choice for long term family happiness. So beginning in January 2009, our plan is to put $3,600 minimum a year in the bank for the next five years but $5,000 being our goal. Any extra would be terrific, but lets not go insane with it, everyone likes to shop sometimes.

8 comments:

Melonie said...

WOW Cathy! These LO's are all amazing!! LOVE them. I am sorry that your house hunt has come to an end but sometimes things happen for strange and very good reasons. Good luck with your plans.

Lydia Siegel said...

Wishing you guys the best. I hope that everything falls into place when the house hunt begins again.

Fabulous layouts again!

2 Worlds said...

Thanks for your comments on my blog, you have great layouts

bethchien said...

Cute, cute new layouts!! I really like the horse page the best!
Have a spooky week!
B

Mollie said...

I love your layering of patterned paper on your layouts! So cute! :)

Lydia Siegel said...

Thanks for the congrats on the dt.

Babydoll said...

Glad to see you're still around!! Love the layouts!

bethchien said...

I love your new pic you have up for yourself. It is a very pretty one!
Cool new layouts, too!
I hope you are having a good weekend!
B