Tuesday, January 19, 2010

OMG damn dog theives

Back in mid December my dog, a 5 pound Yorkie named Toby was lost overnight. He followed my FIL "god child" out and they didn't realize he is not suppose too be out alone. He is a house dog, well more like a lap dog. He only goes out to potty and right back inside. He is not a fan of the cold weather and hates the rain and snow. Short version after my DH and FIL went door to door asking, he was found the next evening. Turns out neighbors a few doors down, had seen the lady scoop him up, in my driveway, and carry him home. Fast forward to now, Toby has been scratching and chewing at his self since about two weeks later. It gradually gets worse and worse and the days pass. He was also starting to lose a little of the hair on both back legs. I chalked this up to winter shredding as that's the only time he shreds at all, and even then its really not that much. Today, I get home from work, after grocery shopping and a few other errands, I notice his rump looks swollen, extremely red, and he is losing some hair there now. So needless to say, I think he caught the mange from the ladys dog. Yuck! Josh is taking him to the doggie doc in the morning to see whats wrong. I'm so irritated that first off a complete stranger would pick him up, and take him home not mention they obviously don't take care of the dog they have. The moral of this story is Don't steal other peoples dog especially if you can't take care of them in the first place. Have you ever dealt with the Mange? It sounds so gross and Toby is not going to like be isolated for 6 weeks or getting new beds. Blake will not like it either. He adores Toby. He is pretty fond of his bed.

11 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Oh No....I have heard of mange...but never dealt with it!!! This is sooooo sad....what is up with people...

Let's hope it's not tooooo serious!!!

sarah said...

OH NO!!!!!!! so sad!!!! sometimes, i don't think people should be allowed to have dogs. they can be soooooooooo cruel. :( it breaks my heart.

keep me posted on the doggy doc. hoepfully toby starts to feel better soon!

hugs,
sarah.

Lisa said...

Let's hope it isn't the mange. My little yorkie has had a similar issue. In fact, for the past 3 years, she has gnawed off a ton of her hair on her backside. Each time the doc tells me it is an over-sensitivity to a flea bite. She doesn't actually have fleas but all it takes is one bite and she has a major reaction. Yorkies are prone to be overly sensitive. Let's hope that's all it is.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh that just sucks!!! I am soooooooooooo sorry to hear this!!!! I hope he gets better soon! :):):):):):):):):):)

Lydia Siegel said...

I hope Toby is ok. Keep me updated on your fur-baby.

Anonymous said...

just stoppin by :)

Anonymous said...

BTW, buy GSM jammer to disable all secret devices in your room or at work.

Anonymous said...

Good day, sun shines!
There have were times of troubles when I didn't know about opportunities of getting high yields on investments. I was a dump and downright pessimistic person.
I have never thought that there weren't any need in large starting capital.
Nowadays, I'm happy and lucky , I begin to get real income.
It's all about how to select a proper partner who utilizes your funds in a right way - that is incorporate it in real business, and shares the income with me.

You can get interested, if there are such firms? I have to tell the truth, YES, there are. Please get to know about one of them:
http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]

Anonymous said...

Good day, sun shines!
There have been times of troubles when I didn't know about opportunities of getting high yields on investments. I was a dump and downright pessimistic person.
I have never thought that there weren't any need in big starting capital.
Nowadays, I feel good, I started to get real income.
It gets down to choose a correct partner who uses your funds in a right way - that is incorporate it in real business, and shares the profit with me.

You can get interested, if there are such firms? I have to tell the truth, YES, there are. Please be informed of one of them:
http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]

Katrina Hunt said...

OH that sucks....hopefully it's just a flea issue. keep me updated....how are you feeling??

Lydia Siegel said...

So have Josh taken the dog in yet?